During Mozs ranking factors survey we poll SEO’s on what they believe the relative weights are of ranking factors within Googles Algorithm. In today’s Whiteboard Friday Rand goes over the results of the survey.
The short answer – YES!
Blog marketing services are a valuable tool when you own a business. These services help you get your message out to your target audience, and offer a chance to connect with your customers, current and potential. The need to have an online presence for your business is greater than ever, and blog marketing services help you put your best foot forward. A website and blog encompasses everything you want to say about your business, its mission, your products, your team and more. However, you may not always have time to write weekly blog posts or you don’t have the confidence to do so. That’s why a blog marketing service is perfect for you.
46% of US companies use blogs to market themselves, according to eMarketer and if you aren’t one of them, you’re falling behind.
You may be confused about blogs and how they can help your business.
Blogs offer a number of benefits to your business and brand, including the following:
- Quality search engine optimization allows you to appear in Google searches so you connect with new customers
- A blog opens a channel of communication between you and your website visitors
- Blogs are often affordable methods of marketing
- Blogging can create buzz and PR, especially if your news posts are shared via social networks
- An easy way to get noticed in your industry and seen as an expert
Marketing can involve many methods, however, blog marketing is one of the easiest ways to reach an audience.
A print ad in a magazine or newspaper may no longer be relevant after a few months of printing, however, visitors can search for keywords related to your business and end up on your website; this experience can happen over and over again. Radio advertisements are costly and may end up unheard by your audience, especially if you are going after a niche market. Blog marketing allows you to market to the people you want to find you, instead of you chasing after them. If you’ve been looking for a way to boost your marketing and share your message, blog marketing services are your new tool toward expanding your business. All it takes is well-written engaging content and you’re on your way.
This guest post was written by Mandy McEwen, Founder of Mod Girl Marketing.
So lately, the buzz is all about Google’s Zoo. They’ve updated their Penguin and introduced us to Hummingbird. We are still waiting for Tigers, Lions, and Bears “Oh My!” – So what’s the deal with the animal words anyway?
That’s really not the issue here although it is fun to talk about the random animal names Google comes up with for Algorithm updates.
So here’s the skinny on Penguin 2.0 and Hummingbird….
Top 7 Tips to Adjust to Penguin 2.0 and Hummingbird:
- Quality sites will continue to be favored by Google.
- If you have crappy backlinks, get rid of them.
- If your site has been penalized badly by Google, quit wasting time with the “reconsideration” tool and just start over. Scratch your website, start a new one. Get a new domain (or expired) and literally start over. It will save you tons of time and headaches in the long run.
- Social signals are important. Don’t ignore Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.
- Go for longer tail keywords – they will be easier to target and you won’t be competing with huge authority sites.
- Content is king – long, quality blog posts are favored by Google (of course if they are shared on social sites!)
- Get on Google Plus – This is a no brainer – Google favors those who use their social network, Google+.
So there ya have it, 7 tips for you to easily adjust to Google’s new zoo! Good luck!
Welcome to Buzmob.com.
Thanks for visiting!
We created this site for online marketers and webmasters. With the crazy world of online marketing changing right before our very eyes, it’s nice to have a place where we can collaborate and learn.
BuzMob hopes to be the spot for online marketing buzz. Whether we discuss the latest in social media marketing strategies, SEO, pay per click, CPA, web design, or just plain marketing – we want this to be a hub for all online professionals.
Please feel free to contribute to our blog by emailing us at info(at)buzmob(dot)com.
We hope you enjoy the site. Thanks!